AmigaActive (1223/2143)

From:John Melville
Date:16 May 2000 at 20:22:29
Subject:PFS3 (Day5)

Finally up and running, someone said that they ignored a "all data will be
destroyed" warning from hdinstalltools when updating rdb.

I though fair enough :o)

Anyways, I have a few more questions (Sorry)

1.
wb:prefs/env-archive/ata3.prefs(or config- I can`t remember) won`t let
my machine boot until ata3.prefs has been run from checkLMB. Should
I be concerned?, all is ok so long as this file doesn`t exist.

2.
If I select no split from ata3.prefs and install PFS3ds, will this stop
logical 4gb splits and show drive as one.
2a.
I`ve just installed the pfs3ds onto rdb via hdtoolbox and the filesys name
is "L:pfs3ds[Custom File System CFS\00]
Can I edit the CFS\00 part, do I need to use hdinstalltools and does it
really make any difference? (hdinstalltools told me I would loose all data at
this point, thats why I don`t like it)
2b.
will this require another reformat (its only 75meg after 4gb)

3a I found hdinstalltools quite unhelpful, but the docs say its better
that hdtoolbox, I`m thinking maybe pre 3.5 version.

I apologise for yet more harddrive querys and thank you all for your
patience :o)

A1240T@40Mhz,32Meg,1D4,WB3.5,4.3GbHDD,
48�CD,SVGA,V1456VQE`V90,SurfSquirrel,PowerFlyer,
Netconnect3,HSMaths,MCP.VCIIv2.5,ATAv5.6,PFS3

Old school buds here: